[Openstack] Marking 'Approved' with others who say 'Needs Fixing'

Brian Lamar brian.lamar at rackspace.com
Tue Aug 23 14:06:46 UTC 2011

I see this happening more and more when deadlines are coming up:

There is a merge proposal which has 2+ Core Approvals and 1+ Core Needs Fixings and the branch is marked as 'Approved'. This is fine, in my opinion, if you've talked to the person and they have given verbal approval or if the 'Needs Fixing' review is stale by 48+ hours but this has been happening with basically fresh 'Needs Fixing' reviews.

Most Core developers are going to be in IRC and don't mind being pinged if you really want to get something in, but in my opinion we should *not* be merging code when there are Core devs that have not completed their re-review after giving feedback.

Pushing in things at the last minute before the deadline is NOT what we should be doing. If something needs to get in, we can make exceptions for those branches.

---
Brian