[Openstack] Ubuntu run instance error + xen

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Aug 19 17:26:59 UTC 2011

Ok but I am going through libvirt instead of xenapi since I am just using a debian + xen-hypervisor package.

Also going through libvirt seems to be better, since it doesn't make your setup as "strongly" connected to xen.

For those using the following in debian/ubunbu would the usage of the xenapi still work?

ii  libxenstore3.0                       4.0.1-2                           Xenstore communications library for Xen
ii  linux-image-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64       2.6.32-35                         Linux 2.6.32 for 64-bit PCs, Xen dom0 support
ii  xen-hypervisor-4.0-amd64             4.0.1-2                           The Xen Hypervisor on AMD64
ii  xen-qemu-dm-4.0                      4.0.1-2                           Xen Qemu Device Model virtual machine hardware emulator
ii  xen-utils-4.0                        4.0.1-2                           XEN administrative tools
ii  xen-utils-common                     4.0.0-1                           XEN administrative tools - common files
ii  xenstore-utils                       4.0.1-2                           Xenstore utilities for Xen

Since I thought xenserver was a separate product?