[Openstack] Odd xen error

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Aug 18 01:39:02 UTC 2011

Hi all,

When using xen 4 + openstack and libvirt when I run an instance and then attempt to VNC to that instance all I see is a black box (the vnc connects) but it is almost like the VM didn't boot. Has anyone encountered this before. On the machine where the compute node is I can go into virt-manager and see the same thing. When creating a VM via an iso through virt-manager the screen shows up and the VM boots. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

-Josh