[Openstack] [Keystone] Tenants and service relationship...

Yogeshwar Srikrishnan yogesh.srikrishnan at rackspace.com
Wed Aug 10 21:11:57 UTC 2011

Keystone would have different endpoint_template for each of those
regions.Endpoint Template represents the template of a consumable
service (URL) and is made of parameters that  also provide information
like region, service name as well. A tenant could be mapped to each of
the different endpoint_templates via the endpoint association.

Ex:
Service X could be present in Regions R1 and R2
This case we would have endpoint_templates mapped for the same service
for each region.
endpoint_templates

ET1 => (for Service X and Region R1)
ET2=> (for Service X and Region R2)

Regards
Yogesh

On 08/10/2011 03:01 PM, Nguyen, Liem Manh wrote:

> Hello Stackers,
>
> My understanding is that a tenant may have a list of services
> associated with her via the endpoint association.  Do these services
> have to be to unique or not?  In other words, can I have a tenant
> associated with the "swift" service in Region X and another "swift"
> service in Region Y?   The assumption here would be that the service
> is unique by region.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Liem

*Yogeshwar Srikrishnan*
Software Engineer III
Email: yogesh.srikrishnan at rackspace.com
<mailto:yogesh.srikrishnan at rackspace.com>
Phone: (210) 459-1412
This email may include confidential information. If you received it in error, please delete it.