[Openstack] [Gerrit] Getting "invalid author"

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Wed Aug 3 14:58:55 UTC 2011

Yuriy Taraday <yorik.sar at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to use Gerrit to propose changes to Keystone.
> I'm using instructions from http://wiki.openstack.org/GerritWorkflow to push
> my changes.
> I'm getting "invalid author" error but my settings/contacts page looks fine
> and the e-mail listed there and in the error message are the same.
> What could go wrong?

Hi,

I don't think you did anything wrong.  It looks like we made a mistake
in importing account information from Launchpad.

We try to import as much account information (name, ssh keys, email
addresses, etc.) from Launchpad as possible.  It looks like the email
address needs to be added to more than one location in the database.

I believe I have fixed up your entry by hand (feel free to email me or
find me on IRC (jeblair)) if you still have problems.  I'll work on
updating our import script to fix the rest of the accounts and send out
another email to this list when that is complete.

Thanks for helping us test this!

-Jim