[Openstack] Nova writing lock files in /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6

Masanori ITOH masanori.itoh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 05:37:35 UTC 2011

Hi,

I reported this issue in:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/754687

But, the title was renamed to RHEL6 specific issue against my intention.
As I satated in the bug report, I think this is a common isue among
distributions.

Also, the reaon why Thomas didn't see the problem is because
you run nova.sh (or anyway nova-* services) by root user.
# Or, maybe someone set writable bit in the directory which lock_path points to.

Regards,
Masanori
--
Masanori ITOH <itoumsn at nttdata.co.jp>