[Openstack] Announcing Project RedDwarf - Database as a Service

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Sun Apr 24 15:16:26 UTC 2011

Daniel Morris wrote:
> The initial architecture of this service is being designed around
> several technologies listed below
>
> ·       *Open Stack Compute (Nova) *
>
> ·       *OpenVZ*- OpenVZ is a container based virtualization technology
> that ensures guaranteed resource minimums and maximums delivering
> exceptional performance from a MySQL server, comparable to a bare metal
> box.

Hey Daniel,

That's an exciting project indeed. I was wondering about the choice of
OpenVZ as the container technology: Nova supports LXC containers at this
point, and not OpenVZ ones. Any particular reason why LXC containers
cannot fit the bill for you ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack