[Openstack] Announcing Project RedDwarf - Database as a Service

Jesse Andrews anotherjesse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 22:45:17 UTC 2011

The PBB talked a few meetings ago about the incubation process.

Incubation is a phase of saying "I want to align myself with openstack". Any
project can incubate, but to become core requires the PBB consent.

Competing projects (for db, lb, dashboards, ...) are welcome.  Once the
project has proper integration as determined by the community and pbb, it
can join.
On Apr 21, 2011 12:03 PM, "Eric Windisch" <eric at cloudscaling.com> wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2011, at 2:49 AM, Daniel Morris wrote:
>
>> Today we are announcing the introduction of Database as a Service
(Project RedDwarf) as an affiliated OpenStack incubation project.

> Cool, but who are "we"? Rackspace or the Project Policy Board? It is
presumptuous to assume that this is an affiliated incubation project without
being approved by the Project Policy Board (PPB). While the addition may be
very much welcome, there is governance and there are procedures. If a
decision was made on adding this to the project, I'd expect an announcement
from a member of the PPB, not one from a Rackspace Product Manager that has
no otherwise involvement or activity in the project.

> If the PPB has already approved of this and this is simply an oversight in
the method of announcement, then I apologize and will welcome this new
addition. Otherwise, lets await a response from the PPB.