[Openstack] Announcing Project RedDwarf - Database as a Service

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Thu Apr 21 19:02:27 UTC 2011

On Apr 22, 2011, at 2:49 AM, Daniel Morris wrote:

> Today we are announcing the introduction of Database as a Service (Project RedDwarf) as an affiliated OpenStack incubation project.

Cool, but who are "we"?  Rackspace or the Project Policy Board?   It is presumptuous to assume that this is an affiliated incubation project without being approved by the Project Policy Board (PPB).  While the addition may be very much welcome, there is governance and there are procedures. If a decision was made on adding this to the project, I'd expect an announcement from a member of the PPB, not one from a Rackspace Product Manager that has no otherwise involvement or activity in the project.

If the PPB has already approved of this and this is simply an oversight in the method of announcement, then I apologize and will welcome this new addition.  Otherwise, lets await a response from the PPB.

Regards,
Eric Windisch
eric at cloudscaling.com