[Openstack] Floating IP in OpenStack API

Trey Morris trey.morris at rackspace.com
Wed Apr 20 17:55:12 UTC 2011

Mark, in our use case that (public ip for free per instance) wouldn't
change. Our use case doesn't involve floating IPs (yet). We'll have flat
networks for both "public" and "private", as we define them. The way nova is
currently implemented, all of these addresses would be considered "private"
whether they are actually private for our use or not. We'll need to get away
from assuming fixed == private and floating == public, and move towards
referring to addresses based on their container network's label (which could
be end up being "public" or "private" but could instead be "whizzlegoober"
or "secret" if desired).

-tr3buchet