[Openstack] Commas and semicolons

Glen Campbell glen.campbell at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Apr 14 13:37:44 UTC 2011

On 4/14/11 6:19 AM, "Sandy Walsh" <sandy.walsh at rackspace.com> wrote:

>Capabilities are just multi-value key-value pairs, such as:
>can_host=linux;windows, cpu_type=gpu, magic_sauce=purple,blue,red;
>cpu_min_max=0.01,0.98;

I don't like the use of commas and semicolons, and you just made the error
here that I was worried about. A semicolon has a higher "precedence" than
a comma, if you will, and is used to separate clauses. You used a
semicolon between linux;windows in the above example, then commas between
the other clauses, but forgot on the magic_sauce and cpu_min_max clauses.

IMHO we should use commas to separate the various values, and semicolons
in between the keys.

Thoughts?