[Openstack] Enhancements to Glance in Diablo? Input welcomed

Glen Campbell glen.campbell at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Apr 14 13:32:23 UTC 2011

I posted a Blueprint yesterday with a requirement for some general-purpose
filters for listing images:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/query-filters

These are needed at Rackspace to meet feature parity with our current
systems. We need to be able to create various subsets of image
collections, and IMHO it makes more sense to do this on the server side
than at the client.

For example, we want a customer to get a list of their images for
restoring from a backup.

For our managed customers, we need to select only base images that have a
"managed cloud" flag set in the metadata.

We need to be able to set a "minimum RAM" requirement on certain images
and validate that the requested VM is large enough to hold them.

Some of this may already be in Glance, but I'm not that familiar with it
(and trying to get up to speed).