[Openstack] openstack issues from Japan

Rick Clark rick at openstack.org
Fri Sep 3 13:28:57 UTC 2010

On 09/03/2010 06:52 AM, Joshua McKenty wrote:
> The next step is definitely to write up blueprints of these planned features
> (something that I am long overdue to contribute as well).
>
> I believe we have already had some discussions with RedHat about getting
> Fedora Core packages of OpenStack made, I can follow up on this.

We have some fedora devs working on RPM's for us. So those should be
available soon, I'll ping them to find out their status.  This should
not be a major effort, since we already have Ubuntu packages, in the
worst case we could use Alien to convert them.

> We will publish a more complete feature list for Austin by the 3rd (e.g.,
> today!) by completing the missing blueprints.

This is absolutely correct.  The targeted feature list will be generated
using the blueprints and updated through the process. Next Tuesday we
have a technical writer joining the project, Anne Gentle, who will help
us have much more acceptable documentation.

We will be changing the meeting day to Tuesday in the future.  I will do
my best to find a good time for everyone, but we may end up rotating
times so that people in Asia and Australia can more easily participate.

I will send an email about the meeting today and blueprints out a little
later today.

Cheers,
Rick