[Openstack] Redis vs OpenLDAP?

Mika Kohonen mika.kohonen.1986 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 14:32:06 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm having a look at the Nova platform and I must admit I'm impressed.
I'm testing different configurations and I don't understand what are
exactly the benefits of using Redis vs OpenLDAP.

The default configuration is Redis based, but from a classic system
administrator perspective, OpenLDAP is much more mature and I know
about it, but Redis is new, looks sexy, but I don't know if it's worth
to use it instead of OpenLDAP.

Thinking in the long term, can you give some hints about the roadmap
of Nova and if I should go with Redis instead of OpenLDAP?

Regards

--
Mika