[Openstack] Freedom vs. Time-based process thread

Gregory Holt gholt at rackspace.com
Thu Nov 18 19:04:46 UTC 2010

Sorry, my joke didn't translate well. Timed-releases are important. And knowing when features are scheduled for release is too. I think the question is more when it's too late to add a new feature to a specifically timed release.

And, on that note, I'm with what Rick said. Major stuff should be decided on early; minor stuff up to the freeze point; bugfixes always go; make sure blueprints exist for each new feature so documentationalists can do their work. Who decides what's major and minor? Well, the community I guess. Whether or not it'll break anything else around it. And Rick would get the final vote I'd guess.

I just grabbed the subject from the IRC meeting log, and yeah, it's not exactly right.