[Openstack] Freedom vs. Time-based process thread

Michael Gundlach michael.gundlach at rackspace.com
Thu Nov 18 17:15:43 UTC 2010

To try to get this discussion started...

Let's say we modify the process so that blueprints *should* be submitted as
early as possible so that interested outsiders can see what we're working
on, but they *may* be submitted up to the branch freeze.

At branch freeze, any blueprints who don't have code in a branch that the
author thinks is ready to merge to trunk, get taken off the table for this
release.

Now our esteemed Agile advocates can keep working on 3 week cycles, adding
blueprints as they write awesome new features, and we still have a
branch-freeze and feature-freeze period to polish the release.  All the
blueprints that would have been accepted in Thierry's current process are
still accepted, and hey, we even get some more blueprints as a bonus!
 Everybody wins!

Arguments?

Michael

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Gregory Holt <gholt at rackspace.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is the proper list referred to in the last
> #openstack-meeting I missed, but I am interested in the outcome of the
> "Freedom vs. Time-based process thread" referred to there. And, when you put
> it that way, who wouldn't choose FREEDOM!? :) I don't really think it will
> change how I work much, but it would affect how and when my work gets
> released and usable.

at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the original message.
Your cooperation is appreciated.