[Openstack] Logging

Ewan Mellor Ewan.Mellor at eu.citrix.com
Tue Dec 28 17:12:40 UTC 2010

What's the strategy for logging, in Nova's bright new, eventlet-based world?  I want to configure each component to log to syslog, but I can't see anywhere that I can do that.  Are we missing a call to logging.fileConfig, or expecting bin/nova-* to configure logging programmatically, or something else that I haven't thought of?  The blueprint at http://wiki.openstack.org/UnifiedServiceArchitecture suggests that eventlet will be used for logging, which doesn't even make sense to me.

Thanks,

Ewan.