[Openstack] [RFC] Process for adding core developers

Rick Clark rick at openstack.org
Tue Dec 21 05:03:45 UTC 2010

On 12/20/2010 10:44 PM, Joshua McKenty wrote:
> Two comments:
>
> 1. Since this was already a topic for the board to discuss prior to asking
> for broader community feedback (as I'm sure you're aware), you might have
> run it past us first. But now that it's a public forum,

I disagree.  My only mistake is not sending this out for comments
earlier.  Process and policy should be bottom up, coming from discussion
inside of the community. Proposals should be brought to the oversight
board fully formed and vetted by the community.  Everything should be
public.

> 2. I would add a 5 +0 or +1 required, with no -1.
	the no -1 rule is in the proposal, but it seems to me +0's should be
null votes, or am I misunderstanding something?

I talked to many of the core devs about this over the last few weeks,
but pulled most of the numbers out of my ass.  So they may or may not be
reasonable.

> Bonus comment - we need a process for removing core developers, if for no
> other reason than algorithm symmetry.

Agreed, both for cause and because of atrophy.