[Openstack] Nova session question

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 23:45:23 UTC 2010

I suspect you are not loading the flags that are actually in use by the program.  If you are running nova using sqllite, it is possible that your program is accessing
a different sqlite database.  you can do the following to use the same process for loading flags that nova does:

import sys
from nova import flags
from nova import utils
FLAGS = flags.FLAGS

utils.default_flagfile()
FLAGS(sys.argv)

Make sure you start from the same working directory that you start the nova services from as well.  It is possible that your code is a little off as well

from nova import context
from nova import db
ctx = context.get_admin_context()
result = db.service_get_all_compute_sorted(ctx)

Or direct sqlalchemy usage

from nova.db.sqlalchemy import models
from nova.db.sqlalchemy.session import get_session
session = get_session()
result = session.query(models.Instance).filter_by(deleted=False).all()

Vish