[Openstack] i18n support in nova

Anne Gentle annegentle at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 14:58:11 UTC 2010

Thanks Tushar for sending this and keeping the conversation going. Putting
this thread on the openstack mailing list - rather than clicking the
"Contact this team" link, feel free to send this to the OpenStack list for
discussion. And let me know if that's incorrect thinking, everyone. :)

Just to put a doc perspective on this - I am interested in using the gettext
module because 1.1 Sphinx apparently will support gettext translations and
the current developer builds of Sphinx do support it already. The only
caveat I know of is that the workflow is still under review for how
Launchpad typically handles PO files. See
http://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx/issue/561/configuration-option-store-translations-in-
and tell me if you have opinions on its affect for OpenStack
translations
going forward.

Before working on RST-based translations, however, I think it best to use
the wiki for translated pages or writing in your native language. Use these
instructions: http://moinmo.in/MoinDev/Translation#Creating_new_pages to
create a translated page on the wiki.

I'm not giving a vote for either approach, but letting you know about
potential doc impact in the decision process. We can all use more education
about how Launchpad works with translations, also.

Thanks,
Anne