[Openstack] [Swift] config changes for latest trunk

Chuck Thier cthier at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 22:15:54 UTC 2010

As of revision 128 of the swift trunk (
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~hudson-openstack/swift/trunk/revision/138), we
have added code that will require a configuration change.

tldr:

If you are using the latest trunk, you will need to add the following like
in /etc/swift/proxy-server.conf under the [app:proxy-server] section:

allow_account_management = true

Longer explanation:

We recently added that capability to delete accounts (in addition to adding
accounts that was already available) to the proxy server.  We decided that
it would be best that by default account management (adding and deleting
accounts) should be off.  If allow_account_management is set to false (or
not set), the proxy servers will refuse account creation and deletion
requests.

For an SAIO setup, the above setting should be added to your
proxy-server.conf for account creation and recreation to occur.

For a multiserver setup using the dev auth, the above setting should be
added to all the proxy servers.

For a production setup down the road, it is recommended that select
dedicated proxies be run for account adminstration.  And then ensure that
proper security is setup for these services.

--
Chuck