[openstack-tc] Governance proposals status tracker

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Wed May 17 10:35:48 UTC 2017

On 17/05/17 11:46 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>Hi!
>
>One aspect of the weekly meeting that can easily be moved to async is
>tracking status of various proposals and point out which are blocked and
>where the next step is. As a first step toward that, I reformatted the
>wiki page at:
>
>https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee
>
>It now tracks status of various non-trivial proposals, as well as next
>steps and action items, and should make it easier to see what's frozen,
>blocked or needs review. We'll still use the same page to invoke a
>meeting if one is required to make progress on a blocked item.
>
>Note that I probably have missed ML thread links. If you add them to the
>commit message of the corresponding review, I'll pick them up and update
>the wiki page (or you can update the wiki directly if you prefer).
>
>I intend to regularly update that status page and use it to publish the
>"weekly status report". We may end up in the future using a less manual
>tool than wiki prose to track governance proposal status, but I wanted
>to give it a few rounds of manual usage so that we see what's useful
>before we talk automation.
>
>Let me know (here, or on the preferred TC discussion channel, wherever
>that ends up being) what you think !

I wonder if it'd be possible to have this groupping on gerrit itself. I know we
don't have a good way for tagging reviews (right?) except by putting tags on
commit messages.

Should we adopt some sort of tagging system on the governance reviews?

* Tag: goals
* Tag: new-project
* Tag: other

In addition, we could add a ML "field" that points to the mailing list thread.

Both of the additions above would make groupping reviews on a gerrit dashboard
easier and it would also help maintaining the info on that wiki page easier,
which (I believe) will be the source for the weekly 'pulse' emails, right?

Flavio

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco