[openstack-tc] Productivity of the weekly TC meetings

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon May 23 08:58:52 UTC 2016

Flavio Percoco wrote:
>>> - Do not automatically discuss everything in governance but only
>>> things a
>>> member raises specifically as IRC meeting topic ? (i.e. if after one
>>> week a
>>> thing has 7-votes and nobody puts it on the agenda, consider it good)
>>> - something else ?
>
> We kinda do this already, don't we?

Only for a number of simple changes. Resolutions and other significant
formal-vote changes are systematically discussed in-meeting, even if
nobody puts them on the agenda.

> [...]
> I've been thinking more about this and I believe what we need is to be more
> strong with keeping the IRC conversation focused. All the parallel
> discussions
> are not helpful. It's like being in an in-person meeting and having
> everyone
> talking over each other about different things. Sure, it's IRC but...

Right, my take-away of this discussion so far is that we should not
change the meeting format or discussions that much, but (1) spend time
in advance of the meeting to review the proposed change (not necessarily
just minutes before the meeting) so that we know where everyone is
standing and (2) try to avoid side-discussions when we discuss a topic
as best as we can.