[openstack-tc] Design Summit video advice for session moderators

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Mar 25 10:48:34 UTC 2016

Hi TC members,

We have less than one month before the Austin Summit. With the advent of
the big tent, we'll have a lot of new teams and design summit session
moderators there. Those could benefit from best practices and advice
from experienced moderators.

The Foundation staff suggested that we hold a video hangout / webinar to
distill short pieces of advice, and then send links to that video to
PTLs and other design summit session moderators.

We could do it as a free-form discussion across a limited set of people,
all recorded (using Google Hangouts on Air like for the Bootstrapping
Hour). However I fear that would result in a long video that could be
missing critical points.

Alternatively we could think about it and lay out the points we want to
make on an Etherpad, and then have people sign up to pick one they are
comfortable with and speak about it for one minute. We can still use a
collective session on hangouts as a way to collect and build the common
video, but we would build the script in advance.

What would be your preference ? Who on the TC would be interested to
participate ? We can certainly include folks beyond the TC as well (we
had volunteers at the last meeting and I CCed them here). Would be good
to have some gender/geographic diversity on the resulting vid.

That will likely need to happen in the coming 2/3 weeks.
Cheers,