[openstack-tc] TC Meeting tomorrow Tue Mar 8th, 20:00 UTC

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 11:50:15 UTC 2016

On 07/03/16 16:54 -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:

>On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 4:18 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
>
>      * Neutron stadium things: tap-as-a-service [2], networking-mirantis-dvs
>    [3], networking-bgp [4], networking-generic-switch [5] and the Neutron repo
>    list update [6]
>    [2] https://review.openstack.org/229869
>    [3] https://review.openstack.org/266452
>    [4] https://review.openstack.org/268727
>    [5] https://review.openstack.org/269713
>    [6] https://review.openstack.org/275936
>

>​Since it's not exactly easy to get an update on this topic by reading any one
>gerrit review, here's is a rough overview.
>
>Neutron is going through an identity crisis, trying to figure out what should
>be included under "Neutron" in OpenStack governance vs. separate projects.  A
>couple of things have already split out on their own (Kuryr and Dragonflow).
>The above governance reviews are blocked until this gets sorted out.
>
>We started an exercise trying to define some criteria for what should stay
>under Neutron.  The goal was for this to help guide the discussion piece by
>piece to a resolution.  You can find that trail of reviews here:
>
>https://review.openstack.org/#/q/(status:open+OR+status:merged)
>+project:openstack/neutron+branch:master+topic:stadium-implosion
>
>We're now stalled on the final one.  It's now on the back burner in favor of
>wrapping up Mitaka.
>
>I don't see much harm in letting this sit until there's less release pressure
>at this point.  I think it's also fair to set a firm expectation that this be
>resolved early in the next cycle to unblock things.

Thanks a lot for the heads up. This is useful.

I agree it should be ok to let skip this until the pressure from the release is
gone. This will also give time for a new PTL to be elected. I don't think this
will change the results of the discussion but it feels like we should just
postpone until Newton and wait for things to start fresh.

Cheers,
Flavio

--
@flaper87