[openstack-tc] rescheduling bug-smash event

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Sat Jan 30 14:55:22 UTC 2016

In addition to the lack of reviewers for the patches, I pointed out
that having a bunch of patches flood into the CI system just as
we're hitting feature freeze is going to introduce extra delays
that may mean final bits of features don't actually land. We have
ways to mitigate that, but freeze weeks are *already* always times
of high load and long waits for patches to merge, so scheduling an
event that's likely to make that worse is just bad timing.

I asked for a week delay, rather than pushing the event into the
Newton-1 time frame because it seemed like a reasonable compromise.
As I said in my original email, after we've addressed the immediate
concern we should talk about strategies to avoid having a recurrence.

Doug

Excerpts from Robert Collins's message of 2016-01-30 11:18:47 +1300: