[openstack-tc] what OpenStack projects are counted towards ATC?

Eddie Shvartsman eddie.shvartsman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 23:26:29 UTC 2015

Thierry, thank you for the reply. The documentation here is a bit
ambiguous. Here is what it says about ATC:

Individual Members who committed a change to a repository under ‘’any’’ of
the official OpenStack Project Teams (as defined above) over the last two
6-month release cycles are automatically considered ATC."

This definition works if one can determine conclusively what is an
"OpenStack Project Team" (although note that the word "any" is in quotes
for some reason). Here is the relevant definition of "OpenStack Project
Team" on the same page:

The work of project teams is performed under the oversight of the TC.
Contributing to one of their associated code repositories grants you ATC
status (see below). The TC has ultimate authority over which project teams
are designated as official OpenStack projects.

This a bit vague and does not give the reader concrete information on which
projects are currently designated as "official" OpenStack projects. How can
I find out if OpenStack project <insert name> is "official"? Is there a
list of official projects somewhere? Such a list must exist to determine
ATC status of individual members.

Some disambiguation here would really help. Either a straight forward
criteria that is deterministic or a link to list of official projects.

Thanks!
Eddie

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
wrote:

> Eddie Shvartsman wrote:
> > Hello, I have searched the TC wiki and can't find a concrete answer to
> > this question. Is there a list or a well defined criteria that defines
> > what is considered a "technical contribution" which counts towards ATC
> > status?
>
> ATC status is defined in the Technical Committee charter:
>

> http://governance.openstack.org/reference/charter.html#voters-for-tc-seats-atc
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Thierry Carrez (ttx)