[openstack-tc] Thread on deferring new project proposals

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Mar 10 18:28:03 UTC 2015

Russell Bryant wrote:
> Part of selling the big-tent concept was that we'd have an even *better*
> way of communicating all of the important information consumers need
> about projects.  We haven't done that yet.  We've gotten rid of what we
> did have but haven't finished building that new system.  I'm opposed to
> approving projects until we finish putting that system in place.

The "system" will never be "finished", though. Tags will always be added
and refined. So when will it be finished enough ? I actually asked that
question on the other thread, we should argue there instead of here.

> Please don't just dismiss the discussion out-right ...

I'm not dismissing it, just worried it will end up as yet another
gigantic thread which only represents a vocal minority...

But let's see where it goes.