[openstack-tc] Thread on deferring new project proposals

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Mar 10 18:19:30 UTC 2015

On 03/10/2015 02:15 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:
> On 03/10/2015 02:10 PM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> Russell Bryant wrote:
>>> I just started a thread proposing we hold off on new project proposals
>>> for now.  Here's the thread start:
>>>
>>> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-March/058689.html
>>>

>> FWIW I fear this thread will turn into a pile-up of (1) incumbent
>> project people afraid of change that may dilute/downgrade them, (2)
>> people historically opposed to the big-tent concept and (3) people
>> personally opposed to specific project additions, all +1ing the idea of
>> a freeze as a practical way to prevent stuff from happening.
>
> Yep, that's exactly what it will be.
>
>> Basically those people oppose the big-tent concept, not the timing of
>> the tags addition ?
>
> Again, agreed.

Part of selling the big-tent concept was that we'd have an even *better*
way of communicating all of the important information consumers need
about projects.  We haven't done that yet.  We've gotten rid of what we
did have but haven't finished building that new system.  I'm opposed to
approving projects until we finish putting that system in place.

Please don't just dismiss the discussion out-right ...

--
Russell Bryant