[openstack-tc] Thread on deferring new project proposals

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Mar 10 18:10:51 UTC 2015

Russell Bryant wrote:
> I just started a thread proposing we hold off on new project proposals
> for now.  Here's the thread start:
>
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-March/058689.html

FWIW I fear this thread will turn into a pile-up of (1) incumbent
project people afraid of change that may dilute/downgrade them, (2)
people historically opposed to the big-tent concept and (3) people
personally opposed to specific project additions, all +1ing the idea of
a freeze as a practical way to prevent stuff from happening.

Basically those people oppose the big-tent concept, not the timing of
the tags addition ?