[openstack-tc] [Fwd: Re: [OpenStack-DefCore] Updated Bylaws]

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Sep 17 15:59:16 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-09-17 at 09:34 -0400, Sean Dague wrote:
> On 09/17/2014 08:39 AM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > Hey
> >
> > I think TC members should be paying closer attention to proposed bylaws
> > changes. See my concerns below. I've uploaded what I think are the
> > latest proposed changes to here:
> >
> > https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/File:Change-Pro_Redline_-_233015232-v15-OpenStackFoundation_Bylaws_FINAL_%28as_amended_September_7,_2012%29_and_233015232-v24-OpenStackFoundation_Bylaws_FINAL_.pdf
> >

> I'm not on the defcore list so I didn't see this. Is there a reason this
> didn't go to the foundation list?

Josh dragged it from a private thread onto defcore. My guess is it was
intended to be sent to the foundation list *after* the board had
discussed it? That would not be my preferred approach.

> I'm actually quite concerned by the removal of the TC authority to
> define the integrated release in a downwards direction without board
> approval.

The only *intended* change in TC authority AFAICT is that we would have
to get sign-off from the board to remote Core modules from the
Integrated Release. I understand the intent with that, but it smells of
"we can't trust the TC to make good decisions" oversight.

Mark.