[openstack-tc] Publishing governance repo docs

Sergey Lukjanov slukjanov at mirantis.com
Tue Oct 21 10:06:28 UTC 2014

What's about using something like gov.o.o to publish docs and setup
redirect/proxy from https://www.openstack.org/foundation/tech-committee/ to
this address? From the technical point of view, it'll make us able to
easily manage the doc generation target and re-use current doc publishing
process. On the other side this pages will be more discoverable on the o.o
side.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
wrote:

> Joe Gordon wrote:
> > Now that Doug's patch to build governance docs has landed [0], I would
> > like to get the ball rolling on finally publishing the contents of
> > openstack/governance. To that end I have proposed the first pass at a
> > patch to do that [1]. The only outstanding question is where to publish
> to.
> >
> > [0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/125796/
> > [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/129753/
>
> Thanks for picking this up! Been buried deep in my TODO list forever.
>
> We have two options for publication:
>
> 1. https://www.openstack.org/foundation/tech-committee/
> We can publish to this subdirectory of www.o.o using some sftp job. It
> "just" needs a user set up on www.o.o side, so I don't think it's that
> far away. The main benefit of this approach is that it lets us take over
> the content of that section of the website, which tends to go stale if
> we don't.
>
> 2. http://governance.openstack.org/
> We can setup a new virtualhost and push to it. The main benefit is that
> we don't need any coordination with the Foundation CloudSites side. The
> main drawback is the limited discoverability of those pages. It will be
> published, we'll be able to link to it, but nobody will ever discover it.
>
> Let me ask at the staff meeting today if we can move sufficiently fast
> on solution 1 (like.. getting the necessary credentials set up *today*),
> and use solution 2 as a plan B ?
>
> --
> Thierry Carrez (ttx)

Sincerely yours,