[openstack-tc] DefCore Update about Designated Sections & Prep for Face to Face next week

Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com
Wed Jun 4 22:29:16 UTC 2014

All,

Members of the TC are welcome/encouraged to participate in the DefCore meeting next week.  The agenda is at the bottom of this thread.  We can flex coverage of topics if scheduling is needed.

I wanted to share the results from the DefCore meeting today:

Full notes: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DefCoreLighthouse.2

## Summary

We covered the primary items in the agenda (matrix scoring, designated sections process, face to face agenda, bylaws meeting prep).  We had some very productive discussions around scoring of capabilities that will be continued in the face to face meeting.

We resolve the following items about designated sections:
*         Michael as rep for TC to ask PTLs to define designated sections
*         We will encourage using "free text" to define sections for now
*         Designated Sections are ratified by TC (+1) from PTLs proposal (patches submitted)
*         TC Chair (+2) on final
*         If a project has no core capabilities then vendors are not required to include a designated section of that project.

Location/Call in/Agenda for Face To Face Meeting: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DefCoreLighthouse.F2F

## Agenda

*         Refstack Updates
*         Comms / OpenStack Blog Post
*         Schedule Community Meeting (2) to review matrix [blocked until matrix is done]
*         Swift in Core
*         Havana Matrix Completed
*         Discuss Capability Score Process (by test or capability, how track changes to score, how to include new tests)
*         Discuss Bylaws change proposal, plan for community review

Rob
Rob Hirschfeld
Sr. Distinguished Cloud Solution Architect
Dell | Cloud Edge, Data Center Solutions
cell +1 512 909-7219 blog robhirschfeld.com, twitter @zehicle
Please note, I am based in the CENTRAL (-6) time zone