[openstack-tc] cross project specs

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Apr 18 11:11:22 UTC 2014

While working with Russell on the cross project workshop, I decided to
drop the log harmonization session because I think we have general
consensus to solve the problem, and now it's just about specifics of
guidelines we can agree with and actually doing the work. A 40 minute
session up against the rest of the cross project workshops doesn't seem
the best way to move that ball forward.

However, the specs process that nova, qa, and now neutron are using
seems quite useful to create a detailed set of guidelines that gather
agreement from the technical leadership of the project(s). It also would
let operators weigh in on this, and as they are one of the most affected
people by it, having their opinions would be great.

So I'd like to create some cross project specs repository, preferably
soon, so some initial work on this could be done prior to summit and can
be referenced when appropriate. One of the open questions is who has +A
on this? It could be the TC, as in some ways these are similar to
governance docs that affect all the projects. Honestly, to me who has
finally +A is less important, because I think this is about concensus.
However it does need to exist for us to even work on the concensus part.

So, question #1 - how would people feel about creating some cross
project specs repo RSN?

question #2 - what do we call it? os-specs, openstack-specs, tc-specs,
cross-project-specs?

question #3 - who is the core team?

I'd rather not wait until after summit, because I'd like some content
and back and forth before the operator days at summit, and doing that in
the wiki (where it currently is) doesn't really support that in the same
way.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague