[openstack-tc] upgrade testing expectation

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Apr 10 08:51:08 UTC 2014

Sean Dague wrote:
> I've proposed another add to the expectations post graduation to the
> governance repo - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/86162/
>
> This was in the original QA requirements proposal, however when that got
> restructured, it got lost somewhere. Also happy to discuss it if there
> are any concerns.
>
> As a scorecard today the following projects participate in upgrade testing:
>
>  * Nova
>  * Swift
>  * Keystone
>  * Glance
>  * Cinder
>  * Horizon
>  * Neutron (new as of this week)
>
> Projects that don't (yet)
>  * Heat
>  * Ceilometer
>  * Trove
>  * Sahara

Icehouse is the first release with Trove (and Juno will be the first
release with Sahara) so I think it's fine if they aren't included in
upgrade testing yet.

The fact that Ceilometer and Heat haven't caught up with upgrade testing
during their N+1 integrated cycle is more of a problem, so I think it's
a good idea to document it in the post-graduation requirements.