[openstack-tc] Reddwarf application for incubation

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Thu Apr 25 23:44:52 UTC 2013

Yeah, there's definitely a big difference between DBaaS and MySQLaaS, though right now technically RedDwarf *is* the latter with future plans towards the former. The latter is immensely technically complicated and does warrant pause on the typical incubation question: "Is the architecture likely to be massively refactored in the near-ish future?"

I also like Monty's points about installing OpenStack in terms of OpenStack, and providing the common tools developers need. I also can't help but see the explosion of "AWS has this so OpenStack should too" projects and wonder whether that's a good model or not, but maybe that's just me.

I appreciate the discussion so far,

-          Gabriel