[openstack-tc] Policy on "3rd party" APIs and Nova

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 20:41:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-11-05 at 12:29 -0800, John Dickinson wrote:
> I agree completely. The decision in my mind is around an official,
> non-diluted OpenStack API that we as the community control and direct.

Care to elaborate on this "non-diluted/control" issue? It's additional
to the "support and maintenance" issue?

>  And I would like us to keep the decision we made to move 3rd party
> APIs out of core.

The decision taken by the PPB aspired to having a "stable, complete,
performant interface" for 3rd party APIs. Nova doesn't have this and
no-one is showing interest in making this happen. Meanwhile we're
blocking potentially very interesting developments in the OpenStack
ecosystem.

Mark.