[openstack-tc] Policy on "3rd party" APIs and Nova

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 20:37:31 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-11-05 at 14:15 -0600, Anne Gentle wrote:
> It's not just whether nova-core is willing to test/vote/review/pick
> but swift-core and all the other *-core, right?
>
> Just clarifying the scope...

I don't follow the clarification ...

Accepting a new API into Nova doesn't affect swift-core.

Indeed, in the case of OCCI/CDMI, I don't see what would be wrong with
Nova accepting OCCI (because we don't have a stable, complete,
performant interface for 34d party APIs) and Swift not accepting CDMI
(because it apparently does have such an interface).

Cheers,
Mark.