[openstack-tc] OpenStack User Committee Formation

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Mon Dec 10 10:09:26 UTC 2012

The user committee was formed following the nomination of Tim Bell as the
management board representative and myself as the technical committee
representative. As defined in the foundation bylaws <
http://wiki.openstack.org/Governance/Foundation/Bylaws> (clause 4.14), Tim
and I have selected a 3rd candidate, JC Martin, to complete the initial
team of 3 users to represent the diverse nature of OpenStack user
community. We will now work together to propose the structures to gather
the input from the users, identify key areas for improvement, provide
consolidated input on future plans and continue the worldwide momentum to
expand further adoption of OpenStack.

JC was our top candidate due to his strong advocacy of OpenStack key
issues, regular summit presentations and active participation in user
related issues with the community.

As we finish the formation of the user committee I'll provide the technical
committee with updates. Please let me know if you have any questions.

- Ryan Lane