[Openstack-stable-maint] Stable check of openstack/tempest failed

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Sep 22 20:02:52 UTC 2014

On Sep 22, 2014, at 2:28 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2014-09-22 12:17:20 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
>> The keystone client library is using a feature that is not
>> available in the old version of oslo.config. It’s not clear why
>> the old version of oslo.config is present for some jobs and the
>> new one is present for others.
>
> You would probably need to grep through the requirements lists for
> all projects' stable/havana branches to find out... remember that
> openstack/requirements:global-requirements.txt was mostly advisory
> back then, and as a result not especially consistent with what
> various projects used. One or more may have capped a maximum version
> of oslo.config?

bknudson sent these links:

pip freeze output for job that failed: http://logs.openstack.org/98/122998/2/check/check-grenade-dsvm-partial-ncpu-icehouse/790f63e/logs/pip-freeze.txt.gz

pip freeze output for job that passed: http://logs.openstack.org/72/122772/4/check/check-grenade-dsvm/1c316e8/logs/pip-freeze.txt.gz

I see those are 2 different variations of the grenade job, but I don’t know precisely what those differences are, yet.

In any case, the point is that this isn’t a regression in oslo.config. It’s an issue either with the job not installing the required version of oslo.config or with the client not being flexible enough in its use of the available libraries.

Doug