[Openstack-stable-maint] stable/grizzly freeze WAS Preparing for 2013.1.1 stable/grizzly

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Sun May 5 23:11:41 UTC 2013

2013/5/4 Adam Young <ayoung at redhat.com>:
> On 05/03/2013 01:16 PM, Alan Pevec wrote:
>>
>> 2013/5/3 Alan Pevec <apevec at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Hi all,

>>> please consider stable/grizzly frozen now and reserve +2 for critical
>>> issues only.
>>> There are few open Nova stable reviews but Russell said it's nothing
>>> critical, please speak up now if you don't agree.
>>
>> I got two requests for exceptions on IRC:
>>
>> * Horizon, from Julie: seems to be minor issue but potentially
>> confusing for the first time users, so I'll approve it
>>    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/28139/
>>
>> * Keystone, from Dolph: no patch yet, critical issue "blurring the
>> line between bug fix and feature change"
>>    https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1175838
>

> I'd hold out for this one.  LDAP is broken without it.

Above bug was identified as a duplicate of
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1168726
and Dolph is working on a patch https://review.openstack.org/28197
which hopefully will be ready for backporting soon.

BTW regarding freeze period: I noticed 3 Cinder patches were merged
post-freeze, without explanation:
https://review.openstack.org/28199
https://review.openstack.org/28205
https://review.openstack.org/28206

They all seem like fine backports for stable, but we still need some
kind of freeze period before the release.
Please let's discuss any freeze exceptions on this list or at least
give justification message when approving so it doesn't look it was
accidental. Freeze is currently not enforced in Gerrit, but I think
I'm now going to put temporary -2 to all open reviews, just in case.

Thanks,
Alan