[Openstack-stable-maint] Preparing for 2013.1.1 stable/grizzly WAS Proposed stable/grizzly release dates

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 21:57:02 UTC 2013

Hello fellow stable maintainers

2013/4/8 Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com>:
> There's going to be a design summit session on stable branch
> processes ... that's a good time for us to revisit what we're doing and
> discuss in detail.

So there was a session, notes are in etherpad [1]

Adam Gandelman (adam_g on irc) and Alan Pevec (apevec on irc) will
take over, in turns, managing stable/grizzly releases from markmc.

Adam, please join this list
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-stable-maint
I've added you to openstack-stable-maint in Gerrit, welcome to the team!

First stable/grizzly release 2013.1.1 is planned for May 9 - early
release to pick up critical Grizzly fixes as suggested by Daviey.
That puts stable freeze date on May 2, which is already next week!

There are 28 open bugs tagged grizzly-backport-potential [2] out of
that 14 have a patch (status In progress).

There are 20-something open stable/grizzly reviews in Gerrit [3]
Already merged backports are: 14 Nova, 9 Quantum, 8 Cinder, 1 Horizon,
1 Keystone and 1 Ceilometer.
BTW last one is an Integrated OpenStack Project with DIY stable branch
- https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StableBranch policy covers only core
projects.

I'd like to ask all PTLs to have a look at open bugs in their
respective projects and tell us which bugs they think are critical and
should be included in the first stable/grizzly release. Are there more
bugs which are critical but missing grizzly-backport-potential tag?

Everybody should be reviewing and proposing new backports for
stable/grizzly in Gerrit now while we still have time to avoid
last-minute crunch before the freeze.
Once again, freeze is planned for Thursday, May 2nd.

On the bitrot jobs front, I only see Networking failing randomly with
"Build timed out (after 30 minutes)"  [4] mark.mcclain, garyk, any
ideas?

Finally, future stable/grizzly releases will be:
2013.1.2 Jun 6 - managed by adam_g
2013.1.3 Aug 8 - apevec
2013.1.4 Oct 10 - adam_g
2013.1.5 - last planned, date TBD, after H release, apevec

Cheers,
Alan

[1]  https://etherpad.openstack.org/havana-stable-branch

[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/+bugs?field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.tag=grizzly-backport-potential&field.tags_combinator=ANY&search=Search&orderby=-heat&start=0

[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+branch:stable/grizzly,n,z

[4] https://jenkins.openstack.org/job/periodic-quantum-python26-stable-grizzly/