[Openstack-stable-maint] Stable updates

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 14:07:31 UTC 2012

Hi,
There are quite a few and I'd like to offer some explanations:

Nova:
     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16617/,
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16618/ and
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16619/ are all patches to improve
performance when nova uses Quantum. By mistake yesterday I cherry-picked
the last one and it caused a mess. I have abandoned that change.

Quantum:

     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16386/ - this imporves performance
with the database when quotas are enabled. Mark and Alan raised some
very good and relevant concerns. These have been addressed by
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16609/. If you guys feel that these are
too risky at the moment then we can wait a few days.

     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16223/ - patch enables linuxbridge
plugin to be optimized. This requires a patch in Nova. The code is
"backward" compatible - it does not break with the current version and
with the version that will have Nova create the bridge. I have updated
the commit message which will hopefully be a lot clearer now.

     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16610/ - updates the clear_db -
this helps save memory with the unit tests.
     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16615/ - bug fix for interface
mappings (had to do a little tweak here due to the fact that code was
re-factored. rkukura has given it his thumbs up)

     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16616/ - fix for floating IP
allocations

Sorry for the messed up mail, but I felt I owe a few explanations.

Thanks (I am feeling like farmer brown at the moment)
Gary