[Openstack-sigs] [tc]Global Reachout Proposal

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 20:30:36 UTC 2018

On 14/09/18 1:49 PM, Zhipeng Huang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Follow up the diversity discussion we had in the tc session this morning
> [0], I've proposed a resolution on facilitating technical community in
> large to engage in global reachout for OpenStack more efficiently.
>
> Your feedbacks are welcomed. Whether this should be a new resolution or
> not at the end of the day, this is a conversation worthy to have.
>
> [0] https://review.openstack.org/602697

As others have mentioned, I think this is diving into solutions when we
haven't defined the problems. I know you mentioned it briefly in the PTG
session, but that context never made it to the review or the mailing list.

So AIUI the issue you're trying to solve here is that the TC members
seem distant and inaccessible to Chinese contributors because we're not
on the same social networks they are?

Perhaps there are others too?

Obvious questions to ask from there would be:

- Whether this is the most important issue facing contributors from the
APAC region

- To what extent the proposed solution is expected to help

cheers,
Zane.