[Openstack-sigs] [security] Unified Trust Management in Cloud

TING PANG chengfeiyoiua at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 15:09:00 UTC 2018

Dear all,

Nice to e-meet you. I come from Huawei Technologies and mainly engaged in
cloud security work.

As we all know, trusted computing is a security technology and many cloud
service providers publish their trusted computing solutions to secure the
cloud computing environment. However, there are several mainstream trusted
computing formats (e.g. TPM/TCM) and there is no unified solution to be
compatible with these formats, which causes the huge development costs and
interoperability issues to vendors for supporting them.

Fortunately, there is a standard ISO/IEC 27070 that provides a high level
architecture for being compatible with mainstream trusted computing formats
in cloud environment, which can reduce the huge development costs and the
risk of entering other markets to vendors. In order to achieve this
standard, we have an idea that provide a general unified trust management
framework for VMs in OpenStack.

More general information can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1MOvkqdYgoMDcf3B8Sb6Bx3qR6ZrBz-kJT7gpKUxudRc/edit?usp=sharing

Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in this idea or have
questions.JJ

Best regards,

Ting