[Openstack-sigs] [First Contact]Initial Ideas on forming the First Contact SIG

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 02:34:26 UTC 2017

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the delayed response from my side.

@Thierry I could volunteer to write a forum proposal for sure, and
hopefully we could get all the interested people to involve.

@Jeremy: +100 on the openstack-101 usage. That would be a great channel for
communication for the FCSIG (log is always an advantage for IRC :P)

@Flavio: Definitely agree with you on starting with specific areas (a small
set to begin with). I will propose a forum session and hopefully you could
help co-lead the conversation ? :)

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 10:28 PM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
wrote:

> Flavio Percoco wrote:
> > If my memory doesn't fail me, I think we've tried similar things in the
> > past
> > (openstack-101?) do we know whether these group had the impact we
> > expected? if
> > not, do we know what we should have done differently?
> >
> > Just to be clear, I'm not against the SIG. What I would like to do
> > differently
> > is to have a list of areas that need help now and that we can act on.
> > Specific
> > items/issues we can solve and let a SIG grow around these efforts.
>
> I think this would make a great forum discussion -- review past efforts
> and come up with a strategy to address it in the future. Any volunteer
> to submit / lead that ?
>
> --
> Thierry Carrez (ttx)

Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Product Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado