[Openstack-sigs] [First Contact]Initial Ideas on forming the First Contact SIG

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Sep 27 13:21:59 UTC 2017

On 2017-09-27 14:20:42 +0200 (+0200), Flavio Percoco wrote:
[...]
> If my memory doesn't fail me, I think we've tried similar things
> in the past (openstack-101?) do we know whether these group had
> the impact we expected?
[...]

The IRC channel still exists, though unsurprisingly it just has
users asking occasional questions/looking for help with things and
never getting an answer:

    http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-101/

So if anyone has time to mentor newcomers to the community and is
looking to make an immediate impact, /join #openstack-101 and set
your client to highlight on activity in that channel. There are
definitely people reaching out to our community in there and getting
silence (as evidenced by the channel log).
--
Jeremy Stanley