[Openstack-sigs] [First Contact]Initial Ideas on forming the First Contact SIG

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Sep 26 19:50:28 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Yih Leong, Sun.'s message of 2017-09-26 10:51:22 -0700:
> There used to be a "mentoring program" organized by  "Women of OpenStack -
> WOS".
> WOS used to organised "Mentoring + Breakfast" session for people who are
> new to the summit and community.
> Is that program still active?
> If yes, is this something that this "Welcome" SIG can collaborate with?

Yes, the Women of OpenStack program still runs mentoring programs. I
don't know about the breakfast event specifically, but they have been
recruiting for Outreachy mentors.

And yes, I think it would make sense for the two groups to collaborate.
I expect the mentoring program would be one of several resources
the welcoming SIG would direct people to.

Doug