[Openstack-sigs] [First Contact]Initial Ideas on forming the First Contact SIG

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Sep 26 16:19:07 UTC 2017

Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Doug,
>
> I'd like to add a reference to organizations that the new community
> members belong too as the pressure comes from their chain of command
> too:
>
> How's this?
>
> To proactively work with new community members and organizations to
> help them become
> effective contributors in OpenStack by sharing tips, information,
> resources and guidance and
> to facilitate collaboration between the people working on initiatives
> related to community goals.

+1 on calling it the "Welcome to OpenStack" group (or some other
positive-sounding welcoming name). My worry was that we'd create a group
that would be the new contributor police that would spread a "distrust
by default" attitude. If that's tied into mentoring and accompanying
contributors in their first steps in the OpenStack world, I'm all for it.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)