[Openstack-sigs] [meta] Initial working groups to convert to SIGs

lebre.adrien at free.fr lebre.adrien at free.fr
Mon Jul 31 13:23:47 UTC 2017

----- Mail original -----

While I can see issues that are public cloud specifics, I'm still wondering what are challenges that can be addressed in a possible ``large scale/deployment'' SIG that will not be common/useful for the Fog/Edge one (and similarly for the Telcos/NFVs vs FEMDC).

Without means to detect overlapping between on-going activities it is difficult to favour collaborations.
One way to make progress toward such a goal could consist in requesting the issues/challenges, a particular SIG would like to address before creating it officially?
Not just coarse-grained ideas but a clear and well identified roadmap.
According to this roadmap, the ''meta'' SIG would be able to forward the request to one SIG that already exists (and by such a way, to favour the consolidation of development resources). what do you think?
The other issue is probably also related to the number of SIG you expect: the more SIGs the harder it will be to identify overlapping.

best,
ad_rien_

PS: we have been trying  to address this issue of identifying collaboration opportunities between WGs at the UC level. We agreed to schedule a cross WG chair meeting once a month. The first try was two weeks ago. While only three WGs were represented, the discussion have been fruitful from my viewpoint.